If you're having trouble logging into Animal Jam, if things look different from the last time you logged on, or if you are experiencing other technical difficulties, please follow these troubleshooting steps:
- Close your internet browser (for a Mac, you have to "quit" the program), then reopen it and log back into Animal Jam.
- Update your internet browser to the most current version.
- If possible, try logging on a different computer to see if the issue persists between systems. If it doesn't, the problem is mostly like with the computer itself. Unfortunately, there is not much that we can do on our end to improve any given computer's connection to the game. We suggest you test your network and computer hardware and contact your internet service provider's customer support for any general Internet issues.
- Clear your browser's cache. Due to frequent updates to add new content to the Animal Jam, sometimes players have to clear their computer's storage of old Animal Jam data to make Animal Jam run more smoothly. Click here for instructions on how to do so.
- If the time and date aren't accurate on your computer, Animal Jam may not work properly.
- Make sure you have the latest version of Adobe Flash Player installed on your computer. This is particularly helpful if loading the game results in a black or grey screen, or if the loading screen sticks at a certain point. You can visit the Adobe website at http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/ to download the latest version. Once the file is downloaded, double-click it to start the installation. You will need to completely exit your browser (or "quit" the browser if using a Mac), then re-open your browser and try logging in to Animal Jam again.
- Sometimes, playing Animal Jam on a different internet browser can help. For example, if you regularly use Internet Explorer, try using Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox instead. Please note, Safari will not show all of the game's effects properly since it isn't fully compatible with Adobe Flash. Also, due to the release of more recent versions of Internet Explorer, older versions on Internet Explorer may not be compatible with Animal Jam. In order to have the best gaming experience, please upgrade to the most recent version of Internet Explorer 9 or 10. You can also download a different browser such as Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome, which update automatically.
- If these steps don't resolve your issue, try uninstalling, then reinstalling Adobe Flash.
Keep in mind that a smooth playing experience requires a 1 Mbps connection. Any speed below that might result in slower loading times.
The minimum requirements to run Animal Jam on a Mac are Mac OSX 10.6 (Snow Leopard) or later. Also, Windows no longer supports Windows XP. This may result in technical difficulties. To find out if you are running Windows XP, click here.
You may not be able to play Animal Jam on your tablet or mobile device. For more information, click here.
If you have followed the above steps and still experience this issue, please let us know! Click here for the most effective way to report a technical problem.