While enabling 2-Step Verification is the best way to protect your Animal Jam account, having a strong password is a close second.
Here are some important tips on creating the safest password possible:
- Use a minimum of 12 characters
- Use a mix of upper and lowercase letters
- Use random numbers (not your age, birthdate, etc.)
- Use special characters like &^$#
- Do not using dictionary words with their normal spelling (try "fone" instead of "phone")
- Use sporadic spacing throughout your password
There are many online sites that can advise you on the strength of your chosen password. Ask a parent to visit one with you to test the strength of your current Animal Jam password! Such websites can provide you an estimate of how fast a computer program could guess your password:
Be sure to change your password regularly, and encourage your parent to do the same with their Parent Dashboard login.
Never share your password reset link, or a screenshot of your password reset link, with anyone else! This will allow that person to change your password. AJHQ will never ask for your password reset link!
Check out these articles for more information: