While enabling 2-Step Verification is the best way to protect your Animal Jam account, having a strong password is a close second.
Here are some important tips on creating the safest password possible:
- Use a minimum of 12 characters
- Use a mix of upper and lowercase letters
- Use random numbers (not your age, birthdate, etc.)
- Use special characters like &^$#
- Do not using dictionary words with their normal spelling (try "fone" instead of "phone")
- Use sporadic spacing throughout your password
There are many online sites that can advise you on the strength of your chosen password. Ask a parent to visit one with you to test the strength of your current Animal Jam password! Such websites can provide you an estimate of how fast a computer program could guess your password:
Be sure to change your password regularly, and encourage your parent to do the same with their Parent Dashboard login.
Check out these articles for more information: