This is a list of BUGS and ISSUES that our team is aware of and working on, as of 11/14/2022.
If you are experiencing one of the below bugs, please try the listed workarounds (if any) and have patience as our team works to find a fix for these errors.
Thanks to your reports, these bugs have recently been resolved by our team. Be sure to go and try again should it have been causing you issues in the past:
- Non-bug: If you are playing Animal Jam on an older Android device, Animal Jam may soon be unable to run on it! Device requirements for Animal Jam can be viewed here: What are the devices requirements for Animal Jam?
- If you are using Android Version 4.4 (also known as "KitKat"), you will need to update your device to at least Android 5.0 (also known as "Lollipop") or use another device to log into your Animal Jam account.
- Fixed: The cave-dwelling Phantom is willing to trade for 50 Dark Fossils!
- Fixed: Pet treasure hunting is now back up and running smoothly.
- Fixed: Pack Progress and gathering stats are now tabulating correctly.
- Fixed: Super Box T-rex eggs can now be purchased on the AJ desktop app.
- Fixed: The Mira statue in Jamaa Township has returned to normal.
- Fixed: Predicted eco credit earning rates should now be accurate.
- Fixed: Each animal should now equip the correct number of Pegasus Gauntlets.
- Fixed: Starship outfit should now fit correctly on the lion avatar.
- Fixed: Rocket Boots should now be firing in the correct direction.
- Fixed: Kangaroos should now be able to wear Mech Angel Wings the right way round.
- I fell off of Mt. Shiveer while fighting the Phantoms!
- The ice is a bit slippery in Mt. Shiveer, and a few Jammers have slipped into the waters below.
- The Alphas will work to secure the boundaries of Mt. Shiveer so no one is able to fall off.
- There are items I can't reach in my Pack Run!
- Sometimes the items we collect in Pack Runs can get a little over-enthusiastic, and hide in places players can't reach.
- Our developers are looking into the issue to find a solution!
- In the meantime, don't worry too much - there are a few more than the necessary amount of collectible items in the Pack Run, so you can still get a perfect score for your Pack.
Account & Avatar Errors
- Where is my FREE Super Box?
- Members that purchase their membership with real-world currency can redeem one free T-Rex egg during the month of November.
- There can only be ONE free Super Box claimed per account; buying another membership will not get you another Super Box.
- If you just purchased a membership and can't redeem your free Super Box, please close the application and open it again for the membership to take effect.
- Players that have membership through virtual currency (purchased in the Sapphire shop) or from referral codes do NOT get a free Super Box.
- Super Box Trex eggs cannot be purchased on the AJ desktop app yet, but work is underway to remedy that.
- 200 bonus Sapphires ONLY comes with the three (3) egg bundle purchase.
- I can't comment on the Daily Explorer!
Some players are experiencing the error “Wrong Username or Password” when trying to log into the Daily Explorer.
The development team is aware and working to resolve this issue.
Have your parent check their Parent Dashboard to ensure your Jammer account is enabled on both Animal Jam and AJ Classic, having both enabled may be required to comment.
- My Level reset to level 1!?
- This is just a temporary, visual glitch (your account is still at the right level, it just currently appears to be at level 1).
- If your level hasn't gone back to its original level within 24 hours, please submit a ticket.
- My buddies see me wearing the wrong items!
- Sometimes your buddies can see you wearing different items than you see yourself wearing. This is typically due to a slow internet connection, which mistakenly allows your avatar to wear multiples of each clothing item type.
- In order to rectify your outfit, first click the clear outfit button (broom icon), then close the avatar editor, and then close and reopen the app (repeat this as many times as necessary until your avatar is no longer wearing any items).
- Make sure your internet connection is strong, and then add your clothing back onto your avatar piece by piece. Be sure to delete any old outfit saves that may have duplicate items!
- When I go to make a Masterpiece, it keeps telling me that Masterpieces are disabled on my account.
- This issue tends to occur after using the Brush tool for heavily detailed artwork. Try making the top-left corner of your Masterpiece one solid color. That usually fixes the issue!
- Sometimes the error message also appears as "Something went wrong. Please try again later."
- My Mastertrack doesn't show its name on my trade list!
- When adding a Mastertrack to your trade list, the item seems to have forgotten its name.
- The devs are working on getting any Mastertracks on trade to display its rightful name!
- Reward delivery notifications are not showing up when I log in!
- Login pop ups have been discovered to be hidden on accounts that have had high amounts of Masterpiece shop sales while offline.
- You will still get the Sapphires or Gems if your Shop has had a sale, there may just not be a pop up letting you know what has been sold when logging in.
- Depending on the number of Masterworks sold, it may be necessary to check My Shops manually to see which items have been sold.
- I didn't get all my Pack Expedition rewards!
- This occurs most often when one of your account inventories are full (it could be furniture, clothing, pets, etc). Make sure you have plenty of room in all your inventories!
- While the Pack Expedition will ask you to recycle items, it doesn't know how many expeditions you went on, so it may not ask you to recycle enough items to make space. Don't worry, your prizes aren't lost! Just recycle as many items as there are rewards missing, and log into Animal Jam once again. The items should arrive in your inventory soon after!
- My avatar eyes turn completely black when I stop using a Play as Your Pet potion!
- Our app developers are on the case to track down the source of this bug, hold tight!
- In the meantime, try reloading the game application to resolve the issue.
- My pet won't become a ghost!
- Jammers are not able to use their Play as Your Pet Potion and Ghost Potion at the same time.
- Pets are a naturally a bit afraid of the dark, so they're too nervous to become ghosts!
- The "Done" button isn't working when I try to reset my password!
- The devs are working to get this button up and running. In the meantime, if you are experiencing this issue, please submit a ticket to our support team so they can help reset your password.
- I keep getting a Critical Error pop-up when I play.
- This just means that some of your game files didn't fully update when you loaded into an area in the game.
- Simply click the okay button and log back in.
- You may need to do this a few times before you can log in again.
- If you uninstall the game, you will have to do these steps over again.
- When I try to install the AJ Classic App, it opens the Animal Jam app instead.
- When I load the desktop app, the screen is too small for me to see anything.
- There is an issue with the file registry saved on your computer from a previous play session.
- Submit a support ticket and our team will provide you with some steps to fix the issue!
- Action shortcut keys (Q, E, Z, C, and spacebar) aren't working in Pack Runs!
- Our team is working on a solution for this, we apologize for the inconvenience.
Visual & Item Glitches
- Coyote sleeping with their eyes open
- They are truly observant animals and do not want to miss a beat even when sleeping
- Our development team is explaining to them that they can be restful while the Alpha's watch over as they sleep
- My Didgeridoo isn't fitted right on my Lynx!
- Lynxes have been too busy listening to the wonders of this musical instrument, that they haven't noticed the item has become misplaced on their back.
- Our team are working on re-fitting this item promptly.
- My AJ Opalescent Genie Vest changed color!
- It appears that the Opalescent Genie Vest lost its color in the wash!
- Hugh the raccoon will help with re-coloring this item back to its usual appearance.
- My AJ Moth Necklace is appearing larger than intended in my trade window/inventory!
- It has come to light that the Moth Necklace is appearing bigger than usual in Jammers' inventories and trade windows.
- The devs will work on re-sizing this item promptly!
AJHQ has been seeing many automated accounts attempting to crash our servers. These accounts are made by a few people that are determined to ruin other players’ fun. You may have noticed these repetitive accounts in the game and end up worrying; can the bots hurt my account? The short answer is no, those accounts cannot hurt your account nor its data, though they can be annoying. Following these tips can help keep the automated accounts from bothering you:
Follow the guidelines for a safe and secure password.
Disable your buddies, trading, and messaging (or limiting them to buddies only) to stop bots from pestering you, but it is not necessary to keep your account safe.
Report any suspicious in-game activity through the standard reporting features on other accounts’ player cards.
Continue to have fun and enjoy your regular play time.